Biographical and Subject (vertical files and clippings) collection
Collection — Cabinet: 7-8
This collection is almost exclusively comprised of newspaper clippings about students who attended Buena Vista University, or faculty and staff who work (or worked) here, athletics teams and competitions, buildings and grounds, and all sorts of campus and community events that occurred at BVU.
- 2011-July 2016
- Storm Lake Times (Publisher, Organization)
This collection is open for research.
History of collection
This collection was begun in 2011, when plans began to establish a university archives. Yearbooks have not been published since 1999, and these clippings were seen as a way to provide historical context and also to be used for general research and reference purposes. This approach to collecting information published in local newspapers was modified in mid-2016, when the practice of sorting news by Subject was suspended and a more chronological approach was employed.
16 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Clippings are arranged into five series: Alumni and Former Students ; Athletics ; Buildings and Grounds ; Faculty and Staff and Important People (includes presidents, trustees, and benefactors) ; and Subjects. Clippings are kept in file folders and stored in filing cabinets by series.
- Buena Vista University -- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Buena Vista University. Alumni and alumnae -- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Buena Vista University. Athletics -- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Buena Vista University. Students -- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- College students -- Iowa -- Storm Lake -- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script