Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection — Cabinet: 7-8
Overview This collection is almost exclusively comprised of newspaper clippings about students who attended Buena Vista University, or faculty and staff who work (or worked) here, athletics teams and competitions, buildings and grounds, and all sorts of campus and community events that occurred at BVU.
Dates: 2011-July 2016
Content Description The Campus Newspapers cover the years 1892-2012 and measure 30 linear feet. Generally, the newspapers capture the interests and activities of Buena Vista students and faculty through the years. The papers also explore topics and issues of the times in which they were published. A special paper edition was published May 27, 2017, commemorating President Fred Moore's years of service.
Dates: Publication: 1892-2012
Collection — Box: 1
Content Description Leon "Jerry" Johnson's homemade scrapbook dates from 1911-1914, and measures .75 linear feet. The scrapbook contains black and white photographs of him and members of the Buena Vista College football team. There are also pictures of him and his friends in several social activities. The scrapbook also includes mementos such as a Buena Vista College songbook, newspaper clippings, and several ticket stubs to nearby theatres.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Content Description This scrapbook includes greeting cards and postcards, invitations and programs related to college and church events, many news clippings from local newspapers and from the college newspaper, The TACK, Buena Vista College cheers, and other records of early student life at BVC.
Content Description The 2-volume homemade scrapbook contains personal artifacts covering 1990-1998, which include Goodfriend’s middle school, high school, and college years. Items include, but are not limited to, photos of her friends throughout that time, personal cards and notes exchanged, programs from events she attended (such as public concerts and campus ACES events), programs from events in which she was a performer (such as dance and theatre shows), ticket stubs, and school transcripts.
File — Multiple Containers
Content Description The yearbooks chronicle college student life at Buena Vista College and Buena Vista University. The first yearbook, The Rudder, was published in 1907 and continued until 1937. No yearbooks were published until 1947, when The Beaver Log made its debut. Over the years, the yearbook has changed its name between The Beaver Log and The Log numerous times as well as employing a couple of different titles. In 1989, the...
Dates: Publication: 1907-1999
- Subject: College students -- Iowa -- Storm Lake X
- College students -- Iowa -- Storm Lake -- Newspapers 2
- Scrapbooks -- Iowa -- Storm Lake 2
- Buena Vista College -- Students 1
- Buena Vista College -- Students -- Newspapers 1
- Buena Vista University -- Students -- Newspapers 1
- College students -- Iowa -- Storm Lake 1
- College students -- Iowa -- Storm Lake -- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc) 1
- College students -- Iowa -- Storm Lake -- Photographs 1
- College students -- Iowa -- Storm Lake -- Yearbooks 1
- Underground newspapers -- Iowa -- Storm Lake 1 ∧ less
- Buena Vista College 3
- Buena Vista University 3
- Buena Vista College. Students 1
- Buena Vista University. Alumni and alumnae 1
- Buena Vista University. Athletics 1